Wednesday 8 February 2012

Main Task

For my main task I need to create my own music magazine sticking to a certain genre of music. For my magazine I need to create the front cover, contents page and a feature article. To be able to do this to the best of my ability I need to look into the magazine institution and which company's control the majority of magazines. Also to ensure that my front cover, contents page and feature article stick to the conventions of magazines that are already out there I need to look at examples of these and analyse them so that these key aspects are within mine. Then to be able to create these I need to look into photographers to produce original images then look into the new media technologies surrounding the print industry so that I can involve these within my practical process. To be able to do all of these I can use the skills that I gained within my prelim task that gave me an insight into being able to create a realistic magazine that is suiting to the target audience that I will profile.



















Genre Conventions:

The genre that I have decided to focus my music magazine on is Indie music which refers to independent music, meaning music that doesn't form from the mainstream music business. The typical indie style of music has elements of classic rock, garage, folk and acoustic instruments. Some of the most popular artists currently in the Indie scene are Death Cab for Cutie, Vampire Weekend, Arctic Monkeys, Kasabian, Laura Marling, Los Campesinos, Foster the People and many more. Some of the current popular indie music magazines include Under the Radar, Paste, Magnet, Alternative Press and some bigger magazines that also cover indie musicians include Q, NME and Spin. From finding out these main facts surrounding the Indie scene I need to look into the kind of thing that they produce for their target audience to get them interested as this will assist me with my target audience. Something else I do need to look into surrounding the Indie music scene is the huge impact that fashion has on it. As the independent fashion the target audience member has can be a big factor I can use to get them  interested in reading my magazine.

1 comment: