Friday 27 January 2012

Analysing College Magazines

I am going to analyse two college magazine covers and two contents pages in order to establish what the common conventions are that need to be included in my work, so that my magazine will represent the needs of my target audience. One way of representing these needs is by sticking to the common conventions of the genre I am working within. As is shown in the following statements by these theorists creativity is not always a simple and instant process:

"A process needed for problem solving...not a special gift enjoyed by a few but a common ability possessed by most people" (Jones,1993)

"The making of the new and rearranging of the old" (Bentley, 1997)

"Creativity results from the interaction of a system composed of three elements: a culture that contains symbolic rules, a person who brings novelty into the symbolic domain, and a field of experts who recognise and validate the innovation" (Csikszentmihalyi, 1996)

1 comment: