Sunday 9 September 2012

Photoshoot Plan

Main Cover Photo-

The aim of the photoshoot for my magazine front cover is to create a final outcome that is interesting and intriguing to the target audience member. I think I can do this by using an interesting location in Cornwall that shows just how beautiful this county is. By pairing this up with some of the best Cornish fashion picks for the Autumn/Winter season it will start to create the sort of cover image that my target audience member will be interested in.

Location-

When it came to thinking about the location for my main cover photo there were a few places that came to mind. One of theses places was called Red Moor which is a small walk not too far from the town of Bodmin. I find that these walk is rather beautiful as it's surrounded by trees of which the path takes you through and you walk around a lake. I thought that a photoshoot with the model standing in front of the lake surrounded by trees would show just how beautiful the countryside is in Cornwall, but with the use of a young model in fashionable clothing it would make it look appealing to my student target audience. The other place that came to mind when thinking about my photoshoot was Polzeath beach as this is a place with a lively nightlife for young people next to the beautiful scenery of the beach. I thought that this would involve both my ideas as it would give my target audience a cover that would capture their attention as well as introducing them to all the variety of things they could do at Polzeath.

Shot types-

When thinking about the shots I want to create for my cover image there are a variety I want to try out so that I can choose between different outcomes. I would like to capture a full body image of the model surrounded by the scenery although I'm not sure how effective this would be as it goes against the common conventions of magazines which means it might not be as effective at bringing in my target audience. As of this I will also capture close-up and medium shots as these fit the common conventions so this might capture my target audience in more. I think by testing out all of these I will have a variety of different ones to chose from as I need to ensure that my cover image shows enough of the location and fashion of the model to fit the style that I would like it to. 

Cast-

For my cast on this shoot all I am going to need is my cover model as in this shoot I only want one model to keep the main focus on her and the fashion she is portraying to my audience. I have chosen a model with beach-y blonde hair in order to replicate this idea of Cornish fashion because we live a life where we don't need to look perfect all the time. I think my choice in model will reflect the fun side of Cornish fashion and how it links in with the lifestyle, this is what I want my model to portray. 

Crew-

For my crew I am going to need a couple of people to help me with any equipment that I will need carrying and placing. I will also need someone to do the hair and make-up of the model to ensure that she is looking as I would like her to. As well as this I am going to need a separate camera person to take photos of me doing the shoot so that I can show the process of how it went.up

                                                             Equipment-
  • Camera
  • Back-up Batteries
  • Model's Clothing 
  • Camera Flash
  • Tripod 
  • Studio Lights (depending on the whether)
  • Second Camera (for filming) 
  • Make-up
  • Hair accessories (spray, straighteners etc.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment