Sunday 9 September 2012

Target Audience

The original thoughts on my target audience are that it's going to be aimed at young people in the county of Cornwall as this is the main idea behind my magazine. I wanted to do this because I don't feel that there is a magazine out there that really shows what Cornwall has to offer for young people. Because of this idea of going out and doing things my target audience's personality is going to be quite adventurous, fun seeking and outgoing as my magazine is to show them things that they didn't know about. Although because of the element on Cornish fashion I think that it's going to sway more towards the feminine side although I do want to try and keep it quite gender neutral to appeal to a wider audience range. Also because of this element on fashion my target audience are going to be concerned with current trends and linked in with what is currently big in the fashion industry making this link in well with them. Another element of my magazine is the music scene that Cornwall has to offer but because of the type of music this is my target audience are going to be interested in new artists that are different from a lot of mainstream music as this is what Cornwall really thrives in. I feel that the content of my magazine is going to be aimed more at students due to the age range being between 16-25 as this is College and University ages but I feel that these are the age of people who are going to be wanting to do things other than the normal things that are obvious to do as they are at an age when they want to really explore things that they haven't known about before.

In terms of audience theory my target audience are likely to fit in the bracket of succeeders and reformers as these people are self confident and follow their own decision of what is good within a product rather than being brand conscious. Whereas if my audience members fell into the mainstream bracket it would mean they buy into the conformist idea of buying into safe brands, as of this the mainstream group is the biggest because a lot of people care more about brand rather than content. As my magazine is going to be new and aiming at a part of the market in Cornwall that hasn't been targeted before the mainstream audience members will not be interested as it's not going to established as of yet and I wouldn't describe the magazine i'm creating as being 'safe'.


No comments:

Post a Comment